skip to main |
skip to sidebar
A Time to be Thankful
I was thinking this weekend about Thanksgiving that is right around the corner and about all the things I am thankful for. There are way too many to list and then there are the obvious ones; having God as my savior, my beautiful healthy baby girl, and my family. The one I really want to focus on is my husband, Wes. God brought us together back in 2003. Since then, we have done so many things together, again too many to list. But what I do want to talk about is how lucky and grateful I am to have married such a loving Christian man. He goes way above and beyond the call of husband duty. He is always trying to find ways to make me happy and to help out around the house. His love for me and Malia truly melts my heart. I love watching Malia's face light up when her daddy walks in the room. I don't want to hurry time, especially since it seems like it already flies by, but I can't wait to see Malia with her daddy when she is about five. Even though it will be sad for me, I know she will definitely be a daddy's little girl. I can foresee her following him around the yard, going fishing with her daddy, sitting on his lap watching Sports Center, and even dragging her plastic golf clubs around behind him. Thank you God for opening up my eyes when I wasn't looking to see what an amazing man you had put before me back in 2003. Honey, I don't know if you ever will see this, but I am so THANKFUL to have you as my life partner. I love you! A tribute to my best friend...
The moment we got engaged. I'll never forget that day! (2004)
I am thankful...that I have a husband that can always make me laugh.
I am thankful...that we always have a blast on vacations.
I am thankful...that no matter the circumstance he'll make sure I am well fed.
I am thankful...that he is so creative. (using a fishing pole to get down a tree branch that has been hanging for months)
I am thankful....that he is fun and active.
I am thankful...my husband will go on a Christian's Men's Hike (over 30 miles) just to better himself as a Christ follower, a daddy, and a husband.
I am thankful...that he'll spend a few hours cutting up fire wood.
Just so we can enjoy an evening of ambiance watching a fire burn outside.
I am thankful...that he wants to continue the tradition of picking blueberries, blackberries, and grapes as a family once Malia gets old enough.
He works so hard for our family. Malia is very lucky to have him as her daddy.
I am thankful...that I had the BEST coach during the toughest time of my life!
I am thankful...that he loves our baby girl more than life its self.
I am even more thankful...that he is still just a boy at heart!
2 comments:
That is so sweet! I am crying!!! You guys have a great marriage and I am so blessed to call you our friends.
jaime you are just too sweet. we can all really see GOD through your relationship. what a blessing you both are too all those you come in contact with.
Post a Comment