Sunday, September 12, 2010

An Epic Pond, An Epic Day, Two Epic Fish

Hi y'all...Wes here. Jaime usually does our blog posts, but I had to blog about the best day fishing I've ever had! Today, Jaime and I took Malia to a friend's farm. They told us to bring our poles, because there were some bream and stuff in the pond, and we could have a good time fishing with the kids. Well, when we got there, I decided to cast a plastic worm off the dock a couple times before putting the crickets on. On the second cast, I hung up right by the dock...then, whatever I was hung on started swimming. I set the hook, and the reel started screaming. Thank goodness I had my drag set right! The first time he rolled up on the top, I started yelling like crazy for Jaime to bring the camera, and for somebody to bring a bigger net! My good buddy David offered to climb down the swim ladder to lip the fish...an offer I gladly accepted. After a couple of tries, David had the fish in his grip. He started to climb back up the swim ladder, but the second step broke off and poor David took a bath, fish and all! He lost his phone, he lost a little dignity, but bless his heart...HE DID NOT LOSE MY FISH! Once we got it up, it weighed over 7 pounds, and my whole fist fit into it's mouth with room to spare. A bass I've been fishing 30 years to catch! We took these photos and let him go free. Best of all, 10 minutes later, I caught a 5-pound bass, the second biggest of my life! So, in 10 minutes, I caught two trophy bass. Truly, an epic day at an epic pond. Enjoy the slideshow!!!

1 comment:

Nana & Poppy said...

Great first post, Wes!!! We're still in awe over your pics! Love ya!!! Mom