I have been 30 for a month now, I am not sure if I am just lucky or if I have a different outlook on things. However, being 30 years old has in many ways changed me. I feel more empowered, settled, content, and happy. When I reflect back on my 20's, I recall all of the years I was trying to find myself, establish a career, find a mate, start a family, and figure out who my friends were and how I fit in. Now I can answer all of those questions. Perhaps, it has nothing to do with turning 30 and has everything to do with trusting God and putting my faith in Him. Don't get me wrong, my life is not perfect and I do have bad days just like the rest of the world. However, I wake up each morning telling myself it is going to be a good day. I don't sweat the small or petty stuff and I ask God for help with the big stuff. As I continue my adventure in my 30's, I pray that God protects my family and that we continue to live for Him.
"To live is to choose. But to choose well, you must know who you are and what you stand for, where you want to go and why you want to get there." Kofi Annan
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." Albert Einstein
"I've come to believe that all my past failure and frustration were actually laying the foundation for the understandings that have created the new level of living I now enjoy." Tony Robbins
"Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude." Denis Waitley
May the rest of my 30's be as awesome as the first month! ~ Jaime
When Anxiety Attacks
9 years ago


3 comments:
Jeez, you're getting old ;) Just remember, some of us have been in our 30's for a few years now--and it actually gets better :)
I think you always knew who you were deep down............you just had to find " others " to live for.
I couldn't be more proud of my "baby".
what a great entry, jaime! david said you had mentioned snow, and i said, no way! i guess the proof is in the pictures, and they are great! what an awesome experience for you guys- and a great snowman! we miss love you guys and i'll be updating my blog soon with some pics from costa rica for you to check out. ~iris
Post a Comment